Sunday, February 7, 2010

Stem Cell Osteoarthritis Ban On Stem Cell Research Funding Lifted. Break Out The Champagne?

Ban on Stem Cell Research Funding Lifted. Break out the Champagne? - stem cell osteoarthritis

Today, Obama has lifted the ban of 8 years in federal funding for research on stem cells by decree. Given the news I thought it would be a good time to resurrect the (discussing slightly) too.

I read the book by Ian Wilmut and Keith Campbell, almost 10 years on the sheep Dolly, the promise of biomedical research, and it is. Here's my argument to support research on stem cells.

Do you know someone with one or more of the following?

Parkinson's, Alzheimer's, spinal cord injury, stroke, burns, cardiovascular disease, diabetes, osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, leukemia, lymphoma, liver disease, cancer, multiple sclerosis, stroke, stroke, blindness, deafness, HIV or AIDS?

Studies show that they can be treated or even cured with stem cell therapy. He has recently reported that a low-cost method for the treatment of heart attacks with stem cells (see link below).

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/articl ...

What is more important? The survival of a cell or embryonic survival of children in Articlebelow? His fatal illness was cured with stem cells.

http://articles.latimes.com/2008/jun/07/ ...

Some say that kill, that is tantamount to killing cells, but by the logic I can not commit mass murder every time you sneeze or scratch my arms to kill than the two steps to millions of cells?

9 comments:

Logan and Ella's Mommy said...

I broke out the champagne for many things that you've done this short week. Good for him. People who are against stem cell research is often poorly informed about what is and do not understand the science of it. Hopefully we can get good results of this investigation before it has been a long time.
And if Bush does not prohibit research, but bans federal funding coming as many companies and researchers at their expense. He has a big mouth space for research and pharmaceutical companies, which made no attempt. Again, some people do not know what they're talking about.

Anyway, Viva Obama!

Shane said...

You are misinformed. Bush did not ban stem cell research, banned federal funding for research on embryonic stem cells. Research using adult stem cells have produced promising results shown. If the use of embryonic stem cell research give all the results in the list, why not the private pharmaceutical companies to finance them?

Just think of!

jamie said...

I was diagnosed with CMT
The Charcot-Marie-Tooth Syndrome
and there is no cure for this disease and is the same as multiple sclerosis
and I welcome the research on stem cells
Some may say I'm selfish for his followers
But if I go, want to help me to cure my illness

MsSassy said...

I agree with the survey. I am glad that the ban is lifted. I only regret that he had lost 8 years of research time. Imagine how that might have been! Sad ... that may already be a cure for the deadly disease ... Thank you for this information thoughtfully. :-)

honeybee... said...

Never one, is forbidden forbidden state funds to pay for it

Morganie... said...

Woohoo! More of my tax revenue produced for the research, that nothing is here!

whip said...

it must in today's Pakistan scrape the rocks of children bombed.im doubt there were stem cells everywhere!

fdm215 said...

I agree that we should allow this research.

COFFEEEE said...

BRAVO! I had not heard.

Post a Comment